Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Project Updates

I've been busy lately and haven't had much time to sit down and update my projects. Life is crazy with a 6 year old and a 2 year old! So, without further ado...

Saturday Morning Hoodie - I pretty much finished this. I just need to make the button loops and sew the buttons on when they arrive in a few days. I ordered some cool ones from Knit Picks that should be here in a few days. I like how the sweater turned out, although I probably would go up a size if I was making this again.

Staggered Squares Blanket -This is coming along nicely. I haven't found any more knots in the yarn (and yes, I probably just jinxed myself again). The yarn did pool strangely at first but now it seems to be more random but there's not much I can do about that. The pattern is very easy to remember and the blanket is coming out nicely. I think the mommy I'm giving it to will really like it.

I've got a few more projects going on now that the sweater is just about finished. I'm working on a beaded scarf. It's tedious to work on it - beads, purling through the back loop, bleh. I did order myself some nice sharp needles to help with the purling through the back loop. We'll see how much they help. Maybe one day I'll fnish it. I'm going to try to work on it 30 minutes a week so I can get it done one day. :)

I'm also working on a pair of mis-matched socks. I made the first sock with yarn that is beautiful shades of teal, aqua, and blue. I like how the sock turned out, but it was a total pain to knit - either there was something wrong with the Cookie A pattern or I did something wrong (that's most likely what it was) but I had to do some creative knitting to get the pattern to work out right. I decided that one sock in that pattern was enough. I'm making the mate with the same yarn, just using a different Cookie A pattern - Angee. Hopefully this second sock will go better than the first!

Well, I think that's all for today. Tomorrow - you want to learn to knit socks from the toe up? Come back tomorrow and find out who can teach you!

No comments:

Post a Comment