Thursday, June 23, 2011

Purple Kangaroo Update

The summer has begun! I've been readjusting this week to having both kids home with me, since the 6 year old is finished with school until September. With trips to the pool and the ice rink (the 6 y/o plays hockey), there have been a few nights when I've just been too tired to think, let alone work on the 2 year old's purple kangaroo.

Late last week I finally finished knitting all the parts of the mommy purple kangaroo. I've begun seaming the whole thing together. Seaming is my least favorite part of knitting, and one of the things that I feel like I don't do well. When I first started knitting I had no clue how to seam things, so if you ever take a close look at my son's Blue Kangaroo, you'll see just how bad I was at seaming. But after reading a few books and lots of practice, I've actually gotten much better at seaming. I still don't like seaming, and I'm rather slow doing it, but at least I am making progress on sewing the kangaroo together. It's actually starting to look like a kangaroo instead of a bunch of random pieces. The 2 year old saw it today and was ready to run off with it, even though it's only about a third of the way done. I think she's going to like it when it's done. If she doesn't like it, I think my neighbor's 6 year old daughter would be happy to have it. She was asking me all sorts of questions about it, like how long it would take to make one, what colors could I make it in. I may have to make another one when I'm finished this one. Or maybe I can talk her into wanting something with a little less seaming. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment