Monday, August 8, 2011

Socks!

It's been hard to get time this summer - both to knit and to update this blog! The kids have been keeping me busy, but I did manage to finish two pairs of socks. I've also been working on test knitting the pattern I designed. And of course because I finished a pair of socks, I had to cast on something new - a pair of gloves. I like having two projects going at all times. The variety keeps knitting interesting. :)

Without further ado, here are the finished socks. The pictures aren't the best since I took them with my phone, but  you can get an idea of what they look like.

The Artichoke Socks
I now have two pairs of socks using this pattern. It's an easy repeat to learn that goes quickly once you get started. Here is a picture of the finished sock. I used Liberty Fibers fingering weight merino in Freeform. I like how the yarn knit up, it's soft and snuggly. I can't wait for cold weather!

The Angee Socks
I had made one Angee sock as part of my mixed-up socks and liked the pattern so much that I decided to make a matching pair. Unfortunately I cannot find the ball band for the yarn so I can't tell you what kind of yarn I used but it so pretty!




















Current Projects:

My socks - I finally settled on a design I like and wrote down the whole pattern. Now I'm working on knitting a pair using the pattern. So far, so good! Hopefully I'll have a sock done in a week or so and can get a picture or two up. Once I'm sure the pattern is mistake free, I'll share it.

Mitered squares Gloves - So far, I think these are going to be quick to knit up. I like the look of the mitered squares on the cuff. I'm making these gloves with Bugga! yarn from The Sanguine Gryphon. The yarn is in shades of brown and gold and yummy to the touch. I have a feeling it will make very warm gloves for this winter.

I just received the fall Interweave Knits, and I'm already marking pages for things I'd like to make. Too many patterns, too much yarn, and not enough time! Maybe one day I'll finally knit through my stash...maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment