Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Catching Up

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated. I've been busy with so many projects that getting to the computer has been tough. What have I been up to, you ask? Let's see...

Previously Mentioned Projects:
My sock design - it turned out to be bleh. What looked good in a small swatch just didn't look right when I knit the first sock. I went ahead and knit the other sock so I'll have a matching pair but the design just wasn't anything I wanted to share. Maybe I'll try again with something else but I have a feeling design just isn't my thing.

My Mitered Square gloves turned out to be a fun, fast knit. They are awesome, so soft and snuggly. I had enough yarn left over to make a matching Mitered Square headband/earwarmer. Now that I think about it, I designed the headband myself since I didn't follow a pattern...but I wouldn't call myself a designer yet. :) I cast on 41 stitches, followed the directions for how to do a mitered square and repeated this until I had 6 squares total. I sewed the ends together and voila! One matching earwarmer for days when it's cold but I don't want to wear a hat.

New Projects:
"Woven" Fingerless Gloves - from Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders edited by Judith Durant. I made a pair using my leftover Sea Silk yarn from Handmaiden Fine Yarns. I had made a scarf out of this yarn that is absolutely dreamy. Now I have a pair of fingerless gloves to go with it. This pattern is incredibly easy! The pattern does call for DPNs but I found using 2 circs worked out much better. (I've tried it both ways). I'm currently knitting another pair of these using some more left over yarn from another scarf pattern. I'm getting close to running out of yarn, so the thumbs on this second pair might be interesting!

Donation knitting - my daughter started preschool this year at a non-profit school. Every year they do a silent auction to raise money for the year. They know I'm a knitter because my son went to the same preschool. So, as soon the year began they started asking me if I'd knit some things for the auction. Of course I said yes. That's what most of my time has been spent on in the past few months - donation knitting. I finished the Simply Soothing Spa and Bath Set from Knit Picks, which will be entered in the auction. I've also knit two different felted handbags that will be auctioned off too. I hope all my projects bring in some decent money for the school.

I've also been working on a Hoodie vest that I found in Cardigans with a Conscience by Melissa Leapman. It's been going really well. I'm getting close to finishing it. I just have the hood to finish knitting then side seams to sew and a zipper to put in (gulp!). Little nervous about the zipper part. I can't wait for it to be done!

There we go. All up to date, I think. I will be taking pictures of all my projects and posting them the next time I get a few minutes to sit at the computer. Keep knitting! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment