Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy April!

I've been so bad about updating this blog. I'm going to try to do better. Let's see, what have I been up to? Knitting! :)

I've been busy working on a vest that I bought when I was up in Lake Placid back in February. I picked up the kit at Adirondack Yarns, the yarn shop in Lake Placid. It's a simple pattern - you knit it form the bottom up in one piece until you reach the armholes, then you divide for the front and back. There's no seaming - the shoulders use a 3 needle bind-off. I'm finished with the back and almost finished with the left front. I've been checking as I went along so it should fit when it's done!

Back in January/February I worked on the Knitters Brewing Company's Mystery Sock "Lucky Charms". They turned out nice although they are a little big. I enjoyed all the challenges that were in the socks.

Now I'm working on KBC's Crosswired socks. Mine are being knit in Plum Wine and Tip Jar. The contest between the two colors is making the socks look really good. I'll post a picture when the first sock is done.

I also cast on for a shawl the other day. That's my "sitting beside the tub" project for when the kids are having their baths. I'm looking at it as a long-term project.

That's my update for now. Short and sweet but at least I got it done! If you are on RavelryIt, you can check out my work. I'm Jennilynn there. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment