Friday, April 1, 2011

Goodbye, Nutkin Socks...

Alas, I have worn out another pair of handknitted socks. Yes, I do this quite a bit because I wear my socks a lot and seem to be hard on them. This pair was in the Nutkin pattern and was made with Ellen's Half-Pint Farm yarn in Purple Mountain Majesty. Here's what they looked like. I finished them up 2 years ago, so I'm glad they lasted as long as they did. I know next to nothing when it comes to darning, so they will join the other socks I've worn out in the Big Sock Drawer in the Sky. As soon as I finish the baby afghan I'm making (it should be done tonight!) and the other pair of socks I'm making, I'm going to start on a new pair of Nutkins. I already have my yarn picked out - and it's stash yarn. I'm trying to be good and knit from my stash. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment