Saturday, April 2, 2011

Staggered Squares Blanket - Done!

I finished the Staggered Squares Blanket last night and I love how it turned out. The yarn is so soft and squishy and the pattern gives it enough texture that little fingers will enjoy touching it. The 16 row pattern was very easy to remember after a few repeats - I got to the point where I didn't have to look at my pattern anymore. It lays flat and has nice straight edges, all without any blocking - my favorite kind of pattern! It will be delivered to the mommy-to-be on Monday. I hope she likes it.

Here are some pictures of the finished blanket:
First, the whole blanket:
 And a close up of the pattern:
Now that the blanket is done I can finish up my mismatched socks tonight. Just have the toe decreases and grafting to do on the second sock. I love finishing up projects because it means I can start new ones. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE how this turned out! I'm going to knit this pattern for my boss who is expecting his first baby in April. Just waiting for the yarn to arrive! I'm using a worsted/aran weight yarn, so I will need to make some adjustments. Can I ask what size needle you used and how much yarn your blanket used? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina - thanks! Your boss's child in for a treat with this blanket.

    I used size 7 needles with the Bernat Baby Sport Big Ball, which is what the pattern called for. There are 893 yards in the Big Ball and I know I didn't use it all. I'd say I used between 700-800 yards.

    I did some checking on Ravelry and most people seem to use a size 7 whether they were using a sport weight or a worsted/aran weight. I'd start with the 7 and adjust from there.

    ReplyDelete