Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mixed Up Socks

I finished these socks about a week ago. When I originally knit the first sock I loved how it turned out but I had problems with the pattern. I'm thinking that the error was on my part, but I can't be sure. Instead of knitting the second sock with the same pattern, I chose a second pattern from Cookie A's book Sock Innovation. I loved how the second sock turned out and I plan on making a matched pair of socks using that pattern.

Here's are the socks, Wainda on the left and Angee on the right:
I doubt anyone will realize that they are two different patterns unless they are staring at my feet. :)

I'm hard at work on some new projects. I've been busy working on my new Nutkin socks in a cool reddish-purpley color. I've turned the heel on the first sock, so as soon as I finish it I'll get a picture up. I've also been working on the Garden Plot Dress for my little girl. She chose the same colors as in the picture. I've only done a few rows on it so far but it's coming out nicely. I got some nifty bobbins to help me keep all my yarn straight for this one. I'm also working on a beaded scarf. I like how it looks but knitting it is so tedious! It's one of those 'why did I start this project?' projects. It will get done...one day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment